Monday, June 20, 2016

Annika from Nah- Connection and her Favorite Challenge

Project Run and Play, Season 11, Week1: Let's go Fishing (header) by Näh-Connection

Nothing but knit is basically the perfect theme for me. 90% of my sewing is knit, so I loved that theme right away. I chose to sew for both of my kids. I didn't want them to be too matchy-matchy, but still chose to work with the same color scheme: blue/white with a pop of pink and mint. My daughter's dress is inspired by a dress that I saw some time ago. I'm a real sucker for boatnecks and I love how the pleats (instead of the gathers that are commonly used in knit dresses) give it a bit more polished look. I started of with the Beachy Boatneck by Blank Slate Patterns, cut it at the waist and added a self-drafted skirt with nice big pockets and those cute pleats. To finish her look and to make it winter appropriate I sewed a color-blocked cardigan out of 3 different sweater knits with drop-down shoulders based on the New York Sweater pattern by Rapantinchen. I cut off some length of the sweater, drafted the front pieces and finished the edges with a facing that goes all around the cardigan (neckline, front and hem). I edgestitched the facing in place in place, changing thread color according to the color of the respective part of the cardigan (pink front, blue back) to get a clean look. I was planning to add a blue button to the front, but my daughter had a very strong opinion about it: „If you add a button, I will never wear it“, so no button it was.

Project Run and Play, Season 11, Week1: Let's go Fishing (collage 1) by Näh-Connection

My son's outfit consists of three pieces to achieve a fun layered look. For his sweater and pants I altered an Ottobre (4/2015) pattern to include two separate front panels with pockets. I used a blue/white striped interlock to create a chevron effect at the front panels. The pants have an elasticized waist, so the drawstring isn't really necessary to keep them in place, but adds some cuteness. I used two square pieces of SnapPap under the grommets to stabilize the knit and on the knee patches. The button-up is a gingham that is often used in German clothing. I used the Prepster Pullover from Blank Slate Patterns for the shirt: I added a chest welt-pocket, a collar and changed the sleeve placket. I love how the details make it unique and different. The last piece is a Polo Shirt. I used the Hemlock Top by E&E Patterns and added the button placket and collar and divided the front and back pattern pieces into four pieces (white, blue, mint, blue) by cutting them diagonally with varying angles. The last detail of the Polo Shirt is a pink octopus-applique that adds that little bit of fun. The octopus has a "3" as my son's  look was also his birthday outfit last week. I've made it a tradition to sew my kids birthday shirts and love that this one here isn't too obvious. For more photos and details, please head over to my blog and leave me a (nice) comment.

I am tagging Karly from Paisley Roots.

Related Posts

1 comment :

  1. This is a cool outfit, I really loved this very much. Thank you so much for sharing this here. Keep blogging with such an outstanding posts.

    Salma Broad
    Custom Writings


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.